LET’S GET STARTED
1. Purchase your Asbestos Test today by selecting the type of material you want analyzed. Prices include lab analysis for detection and, if present, quantification of asbestos content. You can also pay off line with a check or credit card, just complete the payment section of the sample submission form.
2. Download the sample submission form by clicking the appropriate material document HERE. The submission of samples does not require a designated “kit” to be mailed to you, simply place samples in individual zip-lock bags (one sample per bag) and mail-in.
3. Follow the step-by-step instructions and mail the sample(s) to us. We will email you a lab report (PDF) one business day after receipt of your sample, to the email address you provide on the form.
Asbestos is a mineral fiber that was used in building and construction materials due to its insulation and fire-resistance properties. However, closer scrutiny from the scientific and medical community has consistently revealed that inhalation of asbestos is damaging to respiratory health, raising interest from governments, businesses, and everyday families around the world in its detection and management.
The Asbestos Test is perfect for home inspectors, property managers, carpenters and DIY homeowners who want to confirm if asbestos is present in a specific building material and, if so, in what concentration.
We use the following EPA protocols when evaluating Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM):
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) research method for fibrous amphibole content of Vermiculite Attic Insulation (VAI) with identification by Polarized Light Microscopy (PLM)
- Soft materials: EPA 600/1116 method for the determination of asbestos in bulk building materials
- Hard materials: EPA 600/1116 method for the determination of asbestos in bulk building materials point count 188.8.131.52